Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

I finished another Christmas item recently, and finally got around to uploading the pics to ravelry. Don't forget to check out my comment contest for the month of November! You can comment on ANY POST in November for entries ^_^

I started a pair of socks earlier in the week, but realized too late that I didn't have enough yarn to finish them. I did that thing that knitters do where they pretend that there's no problem and just keep on knitting. *sigh* I have come to my senses, ripped it out, and started again with a toe-up pattern. I also had the sense to divide the ball in half, so I would be sure to use the right amount. I'll probably get a nice pair of shorty socks. I'm much happier with the progress I'm getting now anyway.

1.
Gift Item: Picot Mittens (ravlink) — Rollover
Recipient: Anik (Fiancé's SIL)
Pattern: Picot Edged Mittens by Carolyn (free pattern)
Occasion: Christmas
Deadline: Dec 25/08
Finished: Oct 26/08
Notes: These were actually finished in October, but I finally got the buttons in the mail (which I purchased from pinksupply's shop on Etsy), and sewed them on. Yay!

10 Comments:

  1. Kitten With a Whiplash said...
    I also have that die-hard attitude, and not just in knit and crochet. I also never gave up on a book I started, no matter how little I liked it, until I turned 50. Then I figured there wasn't enough time left for just being stubborn.
    katerina said...
    Great buttons on your mittens - Sometimes it's the little things that really make a pattern 'pop'!

    Good luck with the socks, I'm always afraid of the same thing. I guess after making enough socks you know what you need, but I'm definitely not there yet.
    Anonymous said...
    Cute mittens! I like the texture given by that stitch pattern, and the buttons look like they were well worth the wait!
    ikkinlala said...
    I love your mittens!

    I wish I was as up to date with my holiday knitting, too.
    Elaine said...
    I've knit all my life and I do the same thing - I think it's that hope springs eternal.

    The mittens look great.
    Unknown said...
    I think everyone makes that mistake - but it ended up well.
    Unknown said...
    Love the mittens.
    Unknown said...
    I really like the buttons on the side - nice touch.
    Anonymous said...
    Very cute mittens and done so quickly. I haven't even started to THINK about holiday knitting, and my Mom's birthday is next week. Sigh
    purple-power said...
    They look terrific. I'm sure Anik will love them.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.