Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

Since I only started knitting seriously in November (learned mid summer), so far all of my knits have been "winter" oriented. Frankly, I'm looking forward to knitting something sumery like a cami or tank top. I think my knitting will change with the seasons. New inspiration, new purposes. It's a way of driving my creativity maybe… I hadn't thought on it too much until now.

And since I'm so new, I'm experiencing all different types of fibers this season! I've used straight up wool, yes, but I've also used some Misti Alpaca, Merino silk blends and some straight up cotton too. It's been a season for experimentation I suppose. I did use a super wash wool that I think turned out quite nice (mittens) and it was way more comfortable than I was expecting them to be for something that was entirely wool. Usually I find it scratchy, but not this time. I really do want to move into socks and start experimenting with sock yarns. Soon soon!









What kind of yarn are you?




You are Merino Wool.You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.
Take this quiz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.