Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

I ordered this yarn through my LYS, Knit-knackers, a few weeks ago. Originally I had planned to reverse the colours for the original pattern; a blue hat, with brown fair isle. When the yarn arrived in the store, only the blue had come in. I really didn't want to wait, so instead, I used white for the colour work. I love how it turned out, and I love the tassels.

My only real change to the original pattern was to knit it in the round, instead of flat. I also decided to use both yarn colours in the tassels, instead of just the blue. This hat took no time at all. A real quick knit!


Gift Item:
Fair isle Tassel Hat (ravlink)
Recipient: Kim (Fiancé's Sister)
Pattern: Emma Hat by Louisa Harding (not free)
Source: BOOK — Knitting Little Luxuries by Louisa Harding
Occasion:
Christmas
Finished: Nov 9/08


10 Comments:

  1. ikkinlala said...
    Very cute - I think it looks great with the blue and white.
    Kitten With a Whiplash said...
    It's very pretty in the classic blue and white combo. BTW - I forgot to mention that I've posted your contest to my blog at Kitten With A Whiplash
    Anonymous said...
    This is so cute, I may just have to do this with a different fair isle pattern...you know, if I ever finish these stupid socks I've been working on since August!
    Kathy said...
    I love this and I think I'll try it! Great job!!
    Elaine said...
    I really like it too. You really are on fire!
    Unknown said...
    Love it - really nice job
    Unknown said...
    Really cute!
    Unknown said...
    I love it. It's really fun.
    Anonymous said...
    You are on fire. Great hat! The tassels are such fun.
    purple-power said...
    Wow - that turned out great - I can't believe what you're churning out. I feel like such a slug

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.