Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

There have been two FO's since I last posted. I finished a scarf for my fiancé's brother, and also a pair of mittens for myself. The scarf took awhile, since it was knit the long way. I knit it using the Gulp pattern (free) by Donyale Grant. Yarn was: Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed and Knit Picks Imagination Hand Painted Sock Yarn in Frog Prince. (rav link)




I also decided I needed mittens now that it's getting cold and my fingers need protection. I was at the LYS on Saturday and picked up some Mirasol Sulka to make some mittens. I did some embroidery on top so I could be sure to know which glove goes on which hand. This an improvised pattern.




There are still 5 more days left in the blogiversary contest! You have until Sunday at Midnight to get your comments in. Thank you so much for all of the support everyone!

12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You have a knack for finding out interesting patterns I hadn't seen before! It seems like I have to queue something almost every time you post! You made it again with the Gulp scarf: it's a simple pattern that gives interesting results. Yours looks great; thanks for the inspiration!
    Kitten With a Whiplash said...
    The scarf turned out great, the yarns blended beautifully. I like the little flowers on the mittens too.
    pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...
    I love the colors in your scarf; navy and pea green make me very happy!

    Your mittens are cute. Love the flowers!
    Elaine said...
    The scarf looks terrific!
    Unknown said...
    Keep all those FO's coming! How inspiring!
    Turtle said...
    nice knits and colorways!
    Abby said...
    I lost my Christmas knitting mojo and I think you found it!

    Keep crankin' out the FOs, they look great. =)

    I love the embroidery on the mittens.
    Nyxxie said...
    Love the scarf and the mittens look very warm I need to make some for myself soon.
    Anonymous said...
    Everything looks great - I've gotta get on it.
    Unknown said...
    I love the scarf - really pretty colors and stitch
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for mentioning Gulp - the ultimate stash buster and quick christmas pressie non?

    Love yours - those colours - sigh.
    Unknown said...
    It really looks great.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.