Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

I gave up on the Saigon scarf (rav link). Not because there was anything wrong with the pattern per se, but I do feel that the photo was a little misleading. The scarf was photographed on a child (how did I miss that?) and so it looked about twice as wide as it actually worked out to be. I guess if I had read the dimensions, I would have realized that right away, but I didn't. So, I frogged it, and started over with a new pattern from a knitting lace book I purchased.

The pattern is called Victorian Ruby (rav link) and can be found in Victorian Lace Today. It's a fantastic book, and I'm really enjoying kitting this piece. I'm almost finished the first section!



I finally finished off a piece that's been hanging around for about a month. I knit this neckwarmer on a wim for my friend Rin when I was home visiting last month, and was waiting on buttons. I ended up ordering them from Prisma on Etsy. The buttons are awesome, and I'm mailing out the scarf next week.




There's more sad news on the socks. This is the second pattern I've tried with this yarn, and I've had to frog them again. It's just so disappointing. The yarn has absolutely NO give, and so if I'm off even slightly, I can't get them over my foot. I am so frustrated. This yarn did not want to be Jaywalker *sigh* I'll finish the lace piece above, then I might try a different pattern. Ugh.



In happier news, keep watching for my blogoversary contest coming up! I've been getting a lot more comments lately, and they've been brightening my day. Thank you.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thanks so much for mentioning the buttons from my shop! I'm glad you like them. ♥ The neck warmer looks lovely!

    +Brenna (Prisma)
    betseydoodle said...
    don't blame the yarn for the sock! Lot's of peeps have trouble getting their feetsies in those jaywalkers.

    The yarn is worth it - it'll find it's calling sometime soon!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.