I forgot to mention! Susan B. Anderson is hosting a contest on her blog here! This give-away is fantastic!
And now back to other stuff…
I took the plunge earlier this week, and have committed to Hat Attack 2: The Death Hat Always Knocks Twice. I found out about Hat Attack 1 when it was nearly finished, so at least I was able to follow the assassinations, even if I didn't get to participate.
This time around, though, I get to join in the mayhem. I ordered my yarn on Thursday, and I hope it arrives in time for me to swatch it out. I'm a little nervous since she's trying to get us all going for a very specific tension. Nervous, but also very excited! Just you wait until September, we'll see how well I do!
I'll be sure to post a photo of the yarn when it arrives.
I also managed to accumulate more yarn this week. I was at Knit-Knackers on Tuesday, looking for yarn that might be suitable for a contest. Yes, I said contest! My blogoversary is coming up, as well as my 100-post mark, which I think is cause for some kind of celebration. Maybe you guys can help me get the word out… I'll post more info closer to the actual contest date. I'm aiming for October, so maybe I'll have time to make the prize(s?) bigger. ^__^
But anyway, I also bought some yarn for ME! Particularly, some Gems …
and some Mirasol Hacho.
Muir is coming along. Slowly but surely. I'm definitely getting bored with this pattern. It was helpful to attach the last ball of yarn today (albeit large balls of yarn). I'm also having trouble finding the time to knit, since I've been working during the day for my full-time job, and then freelancing at night. That means I can only knit on the bus and at lunch. And knitting on the bus is getting harder the closer to the end of the summer we get (more people on the buses). I need to find more time! Lace just takes up so much more energy than other knitting… *sigh* Anyway, It's time again for another progress photo:
And now for some end-of-week silliness. Stolen from another blog I read: Five on Friday. My top five favourite things this week:
- My fiancé surprised me with a movie on Tuesday night; Helvetica (a documentary). It was fantastic.
- Dinner and gelato with Poeticknits on Wednesday night
- Watching some guy not know how to park as he proceeded to knock over a bike rack on the side walk.
- Rain. I love rain.
- Finishing another ball of yarn (and attaching the last one!) for Muir.
Friday Fill-In #85
1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was a CBC (Chicken, bacon and cheddar) sandwhich at the Elgin street Diner Wednesday night..
2. Stress is something I intensely dislike.
3. The full moon is pretty… is there one out tonight?
4. "For the Win" is one of my favorite local expressions.
5. Sometimes it's best to grit your teeth and bear it.
6. The Dark Knight is the best movie I've seen so far this year!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to more knitting, tomorrow my plans include a haircut and Sunday, I want to work (not really, but I have to)!