Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

First I have to say how AMAZING all the comments have been. We are up to 137 entries. Keep 'em coming! You can enter up until November 30th. You were asking about my FO of the day? lol here ya go!

Alpaca/Bamboo Cowl
(ravlink)
Recipient: It's a secret! Shh! (though I don't think she reads this blog)
Pattern: Zig Zag Cowl by Mandy Powers (free)
Occasion:
Birthday December 1st
Finished: Nov 16/08
Notes: I started the Gemma Beret pattern first, but got so frustrated with how the pattern was written, and with how it was turning out, that I gave up and started this cowl instead.

I do have a minor complaint with the pattern though. When it tells you to cast on, it really should tell you to do a provisional cast on. I know there are people out there who hate prov. cast ons, but isn’t picking up stitches for a picot hem EVEN WORSE? Anyway, it was a really quick knit, and I love how it turned out.

ETA: I took a few more pics last night! See it in action :)


10 Comments:

  1. Kitten With a Whiplash said...
    Very nice, the yellow color is cheery. I have to admire that you finished 2 weeks before you needed it. I'd still be somewhere binding off while the Bday girl was blowing out the candles.
    Anonymous said...
    Love the color of that cowl! I guess a provisional cast-on for me is more troublesome than picking up the stitches for a picot hem. Let's just say that once, while navigating a prov. CO, my husband was so annoyed with my grumbling (and possible cursing) that he left the room! Haven't attempted one since, but I should revisit it!
    Anonymous said...
    Alpaca/bamboo yarn? I guess that means soft, drapey, shiny, and warm... that sounds like the perfect combo for a cowl!
    Turtle said...
    that's really cute! i have been loking for a cowl pattern for a friends xmas gift. Hmmm, like this one!
    Jenny said...
    What a sweet gift! The picots add a nice touch.
    Abby said...
    Lovely! I like the pattern, the yarn shows it off really well.
    Dogmommy4 said...
    Okay, I've added the Z Z Cowl to my que for future knitting fun. I wonder if you could tell me where the pattern for that really wonderful green Arbor sweater could be found. Its just the right color for you!

    Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSABLOG TO YOU. . .
    ikkinlala said...
    That's really nice (and I can't believe how quickly you knit!).
    Elaine said...
    Wow - I love it.
    Anonymous said...
    I love it too.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.