Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

I love how quickly I am getting through all of these gifts. I finished a cowl on Tuesday night for my fiancé's aunt (who I'm pretty sure doesn't read this XP) that turned out great. The pattern is the Quickie Cowl by Fawn Pea. The pattern is available for free on her website, and through ravelry. My ravelry project page is here. I loved this pattern. It was a quick as promised, knit flat and seamed (I did a 3-needle bind off because I'm lazy). It was easy to memorize and turned out really nice.




I just have to say that all of the comments have really helped me to keep up with the blogging, as well as the knitting. Not only that, but all of you that I've found your blogs, I have now started following you! Thank you for broadening my blogosphere :) We're at 145 entries. Keep 'em coming! I have a shout-out to Dogmommy4: Arbor is available for free here: http://indigomouse.net/?p=82

The next project will be a scarf for my FBIL to match the hat I knit for his birthday last week. The plan is to knit the Gulp Scarf by Donyale Grant. The pattern is available for free through her blog, as well as a free PDF download on ravelry. My project page is here (where you can see the yarn!) Oh, alright. Here is the yarn I'm using. Isn't it pretty?

I really should learn to read patterns before I start them. This scarf is knit the long way, not the short way. ((sigh)) This scarf has a confusing way of describing something as simple as dropped stitches, and it would have helped to clarify that before starting. ((sigh)) This scarf requires that you cast on 250 stitches. 250!!!!! ((sigh)) Overall, I still like how it’s turning out, but felt I should register that I’m annoyed with myself for not reading ahead.




I also finally managed to get some photos of the hat I knit for my fiancé back in October. I never thought I would want him out of the apartment so badly! I'm really happy with how it turned out too. Please ignore my spaced out look, I was having trouble getting a good angle on the hat lol. Pattern is loosely based on the Fibonacci pea cap (free pattern)






1. The last band I saw live was Ukrania!
2. What I looked forward to most on Thanksgiving was getting our apartment mostly unpacked, finally, after 6 months of living with boxes! (Thanksgiving is in October for Canadians)
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is not applicable? I'm knitting for Christmas this year.
4. Thoughts of tea fill my head.
5. I wish I could wear corn based knits.
6. Bagpipes can be awesome.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Rin arriving from Toronto, tomorrow my plans include brunch, the LYS and a knitterly afternoon and Sunday, I want to make pancakes!

11 Comments:

  1. pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...
    How did you end up with three needle bind off on the cowl? Did you do a provisional cast on at the very beginning? That would be planning way ahead! That makes up for not reading ahead on the Gulp scarf.
    Kitten With a Whiplash said...
    Great choice of yarns for the scarf, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Lucky guy to get that as well as the hat. Better not spoil him too much. The cowl and hat both look great. Your friends and family are lucky folks;)
    betseydoodle said...
    you go girl!
    I really like that Frog Prince yarn...it's pretty!
    Abby said...
    Hey, I spy an unwoven end! ;-) I've been eyeing that cowl pattern myself. I just knit my first cowl today (well I started it last night, and I finished it today). I just kind of winged it and it turned out nicely!

    Nice work! =)
    ikkinlala said...
    I love that hat!
    Elaine said...
    I can't believe how many things you've knit. My friends are getting nothing but coal from me
    Unknown said...
    The cowl looks really great (and warm)
    Unknown said...
    You are still on fire I see!
    Unknown said...
    Love the cowl!
    Anonymous said...
    The cowl is really terrific-looking.
    purple-power said...
    ooh. I love the cowl.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.