Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

I finished the triangle/swatch part of the Miss Saigon (ravelry link) last night. I’m confident that it will look great once blocked, but right now it looks a little small. It’s going great though. The yarn is soft and lovely (a nice break from the acrylic wrap I’m working on otherwise), and I think I may have decided who I’m going to give it to.

This is the first of lace bridesmaid gifts I'm knitting for next fall. I ordered the knit picks lace sampler a few months ago, with them in mind. I don't think they will all be scarves. I'm just going to let the yarn tell me what they want to be.



It's also been awhile since I photographed Muir (ravelry link). My last update was a while ago, in knitting time, and I have almost twice as much knit up as before. Miss Saigon is a wonderful break from the acrylic (even if it's nice acrylic), but now I'm feeling guilty that I'm neglecting Muir lol.



There is also cause for a bit of celebration. The company I was working with on a trial-basis, has decided to offer me a full time job. Not only does this solve most of my work-related problems, but it's also right down the street from Knit Knackers (hooray!). So, I treated myself to some yarn. It's nothing overly special; I picked up some sock yarn for myself and for a Christmas present for my mom, and some yarn from the sale bin for myself. But boy did it feel great to be able to buy yarn again!

I'm going away for a week to visit my parents, so I won't be blogging until I get back. Maybe there will be knitting news when I return… and maybe there will be photos of the aforementioned yarn. You will have to wait. In the mean time, you will have to be satisfied with my hastily taken WIP photos.

And in the nature of spontaneity, I decided to de-stash and do some birthday knitting. Hope I can get it done by Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.