Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)


As promised, a finished pic of Bubby. I swear those legs are supposed to be that way. Just ignore them XP I'm pretty happy with him since he is my first try at a toy. He's cute, if flawed. Hopefully my Hot Cocoa Swap recipient won't mind.



Progress pic of Thermal. I started knitting this sucker on New Years Eve, and am about a ball and a half into it at this point. See that quarter there? I'm not that far in ^^;;; I'm averaging out at about a ball every two and a half weeks so I figured I'll be done by March. Wish me luck. I think I'll need other projects to keep me going in the mean time. Endpaper Mitts maybe?



In other news, I've been a very active knitter in the community this week! I went to two meet-ups (one at the Alta Vista Library and the other an Ottawa KnitNites at the Bridgehead on Third Avenue). There's also been a scheduled Spins & Needles craft night on Friday planned that I'd really like to go to. The only concern there is that I'm also hosting a tea party (tea stash busting party) on Saturday and need to make sure I'll have enough time to prepare. I'm a little concerned that if I go out on Friday night I'll run out of time. We'll see how it goes, I'll have to go by ear. Happy knitting everyone!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi, Karin here, from PRPRP. Got your request to join "National Capital Knitters", and had to ask.... Are you studying/working in Graphic Design? I hear "ligature" and that I have too many fonts on my blog ALOT, where I live :). I'll add you to our list ASAP. Thx!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.