Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

[Edited April 29, 2008: Added Pattern and download)
[Edited May 9, 2008: Pattern is being updated for the right-hand side… apparently my instructions of "reverse for right glove" are a bit too ambiguous for some. Stay tuned!)


I knit some cabled arm-warmers for my friend Anna. These were long overdue, and I'm very happy to have them done. We're going to consider them an early birthday present, even though her birthday is in November. The pattern is pretty much my own, and the cable pattern is borrowed from a book even if it is a really simple one. I intentionally off-set the cables and I think they look pretty cool.



Cabled Fingerless Armwarmers (personal pattern) (ravelry) by Elizabeth Martin
Source: Harmony Guide: Cables and Arans
Recipient: Anna
Occasion: Belated birthday
Completed: April 16, 2008

Yarn: 1.25 skeins of Knit Picks Essential in Grass
Needles: US 2

Download Pattern:

12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Those are sooo adorable!
    Anonymous said...
    Just jumped over from the Ravelry Year Long Gift-a-long group and these are GORGEOUS!!!
    Honeybee said...
    I love those armwarmers! Ill definitely download the pattern and try it out.
    Poohknits said...
    Those are gorgeous! I have been wanting to make myself a pair, I think thees are the ones!
    Unknown said...
    hi there those armwarmers are gorgeous im going to have to knit me some. i love em.
    heather macgowan said...
    Those are lovely, I lost my armwarmers so I think I'll knit a new pair with your pattern! Thanks!
    ✿Lilly❀ said...
    hi,these armwarmers are so cool, you're right!I saw them on ravelry and I'm knitting them but have one question, since I'm not english speaker:what does you mean in the pattern with gusset?thank you so much :)
    Unknown said...
    Hi Im used to very detailed French or English patterns forgive my idiocy but im a bit lost on the set up for cable pattern? what does that mean? then the on "every row" directions?? Im sorry for the hastle here.. Just dont know which to follow after my rows of rib ;o)
    Marie said...
    Hello,
    I'm sorry for my English which is not perfect (I'm French). I have a doubt on your pattern : you says that the pattern is given for the left hand, but when I look your photos, I think it is the right hand ? Then, for me, the pattern is reversed for the thumb and I think to reserve the 21 second-last stitches ? Plus, how many rows do you knit for the thumb (seems not very long) ?
    I thank you very much for your pattern, these gloves are so nice.
    Reba said...
    Hello! I hope to knit these for a friend of mine. Could you please post the detailed instructions for the right glove? What do you mean work in reverse? Thank you

    RH
    Anonymous said...
    Should there be an inc on both sides of the k1 between the pm for the thumb gusset?
    Unknown said...
    No, there should not be an increase on both sides of the K1 between the pm for the thumb gusset.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.