Yarn-Over, Ligature… Same Difference.
lig·a·ture [lig-uh-cher, -choor] noun. — Printing. a character or type combining two or more letters. (Yarn overs aren't all that different)

Dear Thermal,

It's been so long since we were together, but I haven't forgotten you. Not at all. You just take so much of my energy and I got all excited with other projects and things that I knew I could finish in a night or two… and every time we're together, we just go in circles and never seem to get anywhere. My red sweater, I will finish you soon, I promise. Just let me get this need for FOs out of my system first.

Love Liz

ANOTHER FO: I finally finished a gift I've been meaning to knit since before Christmas! I've had the yarn, and the time, but everytime I tried to finish this hat, either I would run out of yarn, or it would end up looking really stupid. Well, I gave up on making it a slouchy hat, since I didn't seem to have enough yarn, but I think it's cute anyway. I hope she likes it ^_^









MORE BABY KNITTING: Finishing the hat for my niece-to-be felt really awesome. So awesome that I want to knit something else and even ordered the yarn last night. The only possible trouble is that the baby shower is at the end of March. It's not that I really think it must be done for the shower (Baby is due in April) but I would really like to have something to give her other than just the hat. I really want to knit this dress by Paulina Obregón Zayas (ravelry link). The original patter wasn't in English, but there was such a reaction from Ravelry users, that the author had it translated. Here's a photo of what I want to knit:



But imagine it in This colour:





And now for my Year Long Gift Along Monthly Post!



My list for February was:
  • Thermal / for me / Presents for me are awesome / End of March
    • still not done
  • Evangeline / Anna / Christmas or Birthday / November or December
    • revised
  • Cabled Hat / Jeannine / Belated Xmas / March
    • done!
  • Baby Hat / Niece / Newborn / Due in April
    • done!




MARCH LIST:

1. Gift Item: Thermal (ravelry)
Recipient: Myself
Occasion: Because I haven't knit anything for myself in awhile and thought I was due
Deadline: My initial hope was to be done by April, and my optimistic deadline end of March. Well, I have one sleeve to finish, the collar, and some seaming, then I'm done. All I need now is some motivation *sigh*

2. Gift Item: Cabled Fingerless Mittens
Recipient: Anna
Occasion: is love an occasion?
Deadline: November or December 2008
Other info: I have the yarn, and I plan to knit using a cable pattern from a book I got for my birthday.

3. Gift Item: Tura Maeve Dress in blue (pattern) (ravelry)
Recipient: My niece-to-be
Occasion: Baby being born
Deadline: March 30 (shower date)
Other info: I've ordered the yarn and hopefully it will arrive in time for me to finish before the baby shower

4. Gift Item: Hand bag or Purse
Recipient: Surprise!
Occasion: Birthday
Deadline: June 7

5. Gift Item: lace shawl
Recipient: Chantelle
Occasion: Christmas
Deadline: Dec 25



Silly Quiz: What year do I belong in?
Apparently 1959 which I don't think is entirely inaccurate.





You Belong in 1959



You're fun loving, romantic, and more than a little innocent. See you at the drive in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.